Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Last night I went to Chinatown to look for materials for my jewelleries. After getting my stuff, I walked over to “Zhen Zhu Ba Sha” to wait for Desmond to pick me up. I had to pass by the concourse area that is bounded by the hawker centre, OG and Pearl’s centre. Boy! That place was bustling with activities. At one corner, there was this group of elderly singing Cantonese songs. At the far end, there is another uncle playing the harmonica. Around the sitting area, there were many smokers puffing away. At the far end, near to Pearl’s Centre, there were rows of stalls, with the hawkers calling out to passers by, promoting their wares. I cannot help but think of their life stories and how rich it will be anthropologically. Unfortunately, I do not have time to sit and observe more. If I have the time, I would love to interview some of them there. I am sure they will have very good things to share with me.

No comments: