Friday, November 30, 2007

When is your second one coming along?

This is the much asked question during family gatherings nowadays... Before I got married, the question was, "when are you getting married?" After I got married, the question was,"So when you plan to start a family?"

This progression seemed to be the usual sequence for many. The ever inquisitive relatives will say,"aiyoh, better give birth to more before you turn 35." Easy for you people to say that cos you are NOT the ones who had to carry the baby for 10 months, go thru the birthing process and nuture the child to adulthood. I am not too sure if I am ready for my second one. A lot of them told me that one is NOT enough, two will be better. But I really dread the thought of having to wake up at night to attend to the needs of the baby and having my freedom curbed. Of course you may say, well it is all worth it at the end of the day ....I agree ...but still....

No comments: