Thursday, October 01, 2009

What a scare!!!

Had a bad scare last Monday at home. I ha just stepped out of the bathroom after bathing and saw the oven on fire. Mum was cooking at the stove, some distance away from the oven and thus did not notice the fire. It started off with a very small fire (about 4 cm high and 2cm wide) and within seconds, it burst into flames of 1m high. I shouted for my parents and they quickly ran to put out the fire. I got a pail of water, ready to splash at the fire. Luckily my mum was quick thinking and prevented me from doing so cos water on oil/electrical fire will make it worse. I suddenly thought of the fire extinguisher which i bought from a fire prevention talk at RP. My mum handed the extinguisher to my dad (cos no one knows how to use it
;-( ) and my dad became the hero for the day!! 3 cheers for my dad!! Here are some pictures of the aftermath.


THE CULPRIT






No comments: