Thursday, March 01, 2007

Which one rules - Heart or Head?

Sometime ago, in one of my posts, I mentioned that work is just a transaction, an exchange of labour for money. Recently I was asked by someone to lecture in a polytechnic. If work is just a transaction, by right there should be no hestiation on my part; I would have agreed right away, tendered my resignation and leave for greener pastures. Work = Labour=Money, they can afford to pay me well, huge training budget, attractive terms, why not.{Head}

BUT ....i hestiated, pause and pondered. Should I leave this organisation which has made considerable concessions to me during my pregancy? Is it fair to the organisation? I was away on no pay leave for nearly one month, however, out of goodwill, they only deducted one week's salary from me. Nice place to work in, colleagues r fun{Heart} But then it could be because of the labour laws which is why they can't ask a pregant lady to leave, thus they have no choice but to grant me the no pay leave cos I can sue them for discrimination?! {Head}

Should I be hardhearted and leave cos afterall work is all but a transaction?

No comments: