Friday, July 13, 2007

To go or not to go

Desmond tendered his resignation on Tuesday and received a counter offer to be based in his UK office. I received this piece of news with mixed feelings. Last time I always wished that he could be posted there so that I can really be a full-fledged tai tai – study my PHD and not work. But now, I am not sure. Not sure because I will be starting my new job soon ( I am so looking forward to it), not sure because now we have Isaac to consider (although his education will not be a problem cos he will not start school so soon and hey, his ang mo looks will fit in there pretty well), not sure cos we have to decide what to do with our house, our car (guess will sell our car and rent out our house), not sure because what will happen to his new job offer (??), not sure because how will his total compensation package be like?
He will still be required to fly around but that will be around Europe state – meaning I will get to fly with him too but I will be left all alone to take care of Isaac, no mummy to give me support, can I do it?

No comments: