Friday, August 01, 2008

Death

This afternoon, after class, received news that my cousin's father in law just passed away. He was a heart patient for 22 years, heart functioning only at 30% all these while. He was admitted to hospital two weeks ago and 2 days ago, his condition took a turn for the worst.

I was talking to my mum about this matter a while ago. I asked her how old he was. She said, '60 plus'? I was wow, ok, assuming my lifespan is also thereabouts, that leaves me with another 30 years. We then started to talk about how when faced with death, human have no choice but to accept it. We can chose not to attend a gathering, a wedding, school, go to work, etc but we cannot chose not to die. Death leaves us with no choice at all. When it comes knocking, we have to go. What happens when we die? Will we still be conscious of where our spirits (if there is) will go to?

No comments: