Thursday, August 21, 2008

It was a good day

I had two appointments yesterday. Morning session was with Jacq and Gennet about our collaboration and afternoon session was a 'farewell' lunch with Phei and Iris.

At aboout 8 plus in the morning, I put on my 'joy' stone - Larimar and set off to meet Jacq and Gennet over at Dempsy's Olio. I was there 15 minutes early. Jacq had actually wanted to pick me up the the durian stall at Dempsy and drive me in. Since I was early, I decided to take a leisurely stroll into Dempsy Village. Reached Olio at about 9.20am, waited for them for about 10 minutes. We orderd breakfast and then started to update each other. Thereafter came our biz talk. Jacq told me about her intentions to do an evaluative research on her training program in one JC and one secondary school. We discussed how we could collaborate on them. I was very keen to work with her on these projects and many more to come. However, I was also hesitant about it as I needed to go over to Beijing soon. So I told her about the impending move and how I can work around it. She was nice and said that we could always have discussions online and she could front the meetings with clients. She just needed me to be around inititally, teach her how to market the research component and she will be able to take it from there. If need be, we will factor in the cost of my air tickets and I will fly back for presentations/discussions. This is too good to be true! To think that I was still very worried about how I could marry the two things together the night before. And now it was solved! Happiness!!

We ended our discussion at 12.10pm as I needed to rush off for my lunch appointment with Phei and Iris. Took a MRT over to Toa Payoh. Phei met me at the station control and we walked to Crystal Jade. It was a good lunch. We had a good time catching up with each other and cracking jokes at each other. I will definitely miss my frens when i am over at Beijing.

No comments: