Monday, August 25, 2008

Grooming

I went for a personal grooming course last friday. What prompted me to go? Partly of my mum's constant nagging that I am fast becoming an auntie in my dressing and partly cos I will be leaving for Beijing soon and when I am over there, would need to meet with Desmond's friends, colleagues and their wives, so I better get my act together...hahahah

Few months ago, I went shopping for an image consultant and finally, after months of deliberation, decided on one. So, paid the deposit and made the booking to meet up with her on 22 August, 11am at her home studio.

On that day itself, I took extra care in dressing myself up. Made sure that I am colour coordinated, hair properly brushed...I did not put on any make up, except for lipstick cos I was afraid that it might interfere with her analysis...

Reached her place and she started the session. It was a three hour session. She started off with colour analysis....My complexion was compared to bales and bales of different coloured cloth. At last, my personal best colours came out.

Next she did the figure analysis. I had to wear my swimsuit and paraded in front of her. She then took out her measuring tape and did some measuring. I am an apple, T shaped with legs longer than my body. Thereafter, she went through what types of clothings are suitable for me. Seems like I have to throw away lots of my existing clothes. Anyways, it was a very good session, at least i am more aware of my body shape...She also gave me tips on how to style my hair.

The last portion was on style. Her analysis of my style was that of classic and a tinge of dramatic. Can you imagine that? Drama mama leh....she sed it was because of that red streak on the right side of my hair...

Overall, i had a good time with her and now it's time for shopping!!!

No comments: