Tuesday, June 26, 2007

CoQ10

Last night while waiting for Desmond to pick me up from Vivo, I decided to shop around. Lately, I am so crazy over skincare and have been eyeing on this Korean cosmetic and skin shop at the basement of Vivio. I decided to buy some mask sheets from the shop to try. Thought mask sheets are rather convenient cos unlike my Sothys wipe off mask, I can just use the sheets and then throw away. Super duper convenient for a busy mum.

There was a great selection of mask sheets, all of different ‘flavours’. Red wine, vitamin C orange, aloe vera, ginseng, mud, etc. All their masks contain CoQ10. CoQ10 works as an antioxidant. They can ‘eat’ up all the harmful free radicals. . Free radicals occur naturally in the body, but environmental toxins (including ultraviolet light, radiation, cigarette smoking, and air pollution) can also increase the number of these damaging particles. Free radicals are believed to contribute to the aging process as well as the development of a number of health problems including heart disease and cancer. Antioxidants such as CoQ10 can neutralize free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause! I first knew of CoQ10 from 女人我最大。
Ok, back to the mask sheets. They cost between $4.90 to $6.90 each and when you buy 5 sheets, you get one free. In addition, if you spend more than $50, you will get a free facial worth $167. Needless to say, I got my free gifts!!

When I went home that evening, I tried the vitamin C orange mask excitedly. First impression, smells good and hmm..i can sense traces of AHA cos it feels “prickly” on my skin. After a while, the “prickly” feeling went away. I removed it after 15 mins. Nothing impressive can be seen on my face except that it is moisten by the serum. The next morning, my face is not as oily (usually my t zone will be very oily upon waking up) and it seemed brighter. Tonight I shall try the red wine mask sheet.

No comments: