Monday, June 18, 2007

Me and my free gifts

I was talking to one of my colleague last week about my obsession with sale and free gifts. I love free gifts. In fact, I succumbed to this marketing gimmick 2x last week.

The first one was at Crabtree and Evelyn. I originally set out to buy a roll on by Crabtree and Evelyn. This roll on has a super duper cool case. It is silver and is longish, just like a 泡泡茶straw. I saw one of my colleagues from another centre was using it and was immediately drawn to its casing. I stepped into the store, selected the fragrance for the roll on and the salesgirl said, “oh, it is the Great Singapore Sale (GSS) right now and we are having a promotion, if you spent up to $100, you will have $30 dollars discount.” Not bad right, that means a 30% discount for my purchases. I scanned the shop and decided to buy a powder of the same fragrance (layering will make the scent last longer, haha), 2 bottles of organic jam (hey Desmond, I did not forget you in my shopping) and 1 tin of biscuit (yes, the yummy double chocolate biscuit!). So my purchases totaled up to $104 and I paid $74. Very satisfied with my purchases.

The second one was at Body shop. I was supposed to buy a cleanser and body foam for Desmond. He told me to get from NTUC but heck lah, it is the Great Singapore Sale, so I decide to get someone nice for him over at Body Shop. I chose the aloe vera cleanser for sensitive skin and the lemon and lime shower gel for him. Two of my colleague also bought the showering gel which was on sale. We made our way to the cashier. The cashier started to say, “As part of the GSS, we are giving this set of free gift to purchases of more than $65 dollars.” Not bad, a chamomile makeup remover, grape seed shower gel, vitamin E cream cleanser, lip-gloss and vitamin E cream. So I decided to get this chamomile facial blotter to make up the shortfall and I GOT THE SET OF FREE GIFT!!!

No comments: