Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I felt liberated.

For the whole of last week, I felt guilty. Guilty because I submitted my resignation. Weirdo right? Why should I feel guilty? That is what my friends and colleagues have been asking me. Maybe because I felt guilty leaving my work behind, guilty about leaving research just like that in Research Unit (Cos I am the one and only one there), guilty leaving my colleagues (we are a fun bunch, we have mother support group, auntie support group and also a closet tai tai support group)…..But I guess all good thing will come to an end.

Somehow, I felt liberated this week. Free from all the guilt. I guess I have finally rationalised and straighten out my thoughts. No one is indispensable in this world. I tendered, someone will replace me and carry on what I have been doing. Life in office will still carry on. As for my colleagues…well…we can always keep in contact via msn …dinners and oh, of course, I signed up as a volunteer with them.

No comments: